Thursday, October 04, 2007

Salary

Madame X at My Open Wallet has an interesting post entitled "Okay, I'm Asking" where she posted her approximate salary and asks readers to do the same.

I told my husband about the post and he immediately thought that there was probably a selection bias of those who decided to respond. We determined that those who are doing better are probably the ones who posted.

She's gotten a lot of responses and it's interesting to see a more personal view of how people around the world make a living. I could go to salary.com and get the similar information, but then it would be missing the personal aspect of it.

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I agree... a lot of people probably were too embarassed to post.. but it all depends on work-life balance, cost of living, etc..

Anonymous said...

Yes, given that median US *household* income is about $45K, the incomes mentioned in her comments were very heavily skewed. However, I will say that I've seen this often, to the point where I wonder if the Census data is correct!