Thursday, March 16, 2006

About calgirlfinance

The best blogs are the ones that update frequently. However my occupation usually does not give me the luxury to do so. Instead I wander around the fringes of the PF blog community, commenting here and there. I did an inventory of my net worth, yet I was too shy to put it up. Let's say I'm somewhere in the mid-thirties, with the majority of it in retirement savings (like around $30K). I hope that as time goes on, I will be less shy.

I figure my eventual readers will want to know more about me, so here goes.

I live in the SF Bay Area. I am a consultant. I live with my mom. I am getting married in less than 6 months (then I will move in with the new hubby). Since I live with my mom, I am able to save a ton of money (like over 70%). I am Christian. I am behind on my tithing. I plan to get promoted in June (or switch jobs). I have been at my current job for 6 months. I like coupons. I buy 80% of my clothes at Ann Taylor. I always buy clothes on sale. I spend too much money on clothes (remember I am still saving 70% of my income). The only way I can do that is by doing direct deposits into my 401K, IRA, emergency fund, etc. I am planning on spending $25K on my wedding. I am paying half out of my own pocket. Before becoming a consultant, I used to bring my lunch to work 95% of the time. Since becoming a consultant, I have brought my lunch from home 0% (just very impractical). When I travel, I get a $64/day meal allowance, which I pocket if I don't spent it. Normally I make between $100-$200/week on my meal allowance (note this is extra money that I do not use to calculate my "savings" rate of 70%). I would make more on my meal allowance except I often go out to dinner with my co-workers. I am 26 and a woman (I hope you could tell by now). I am thinking about doing direct selling and have been for some time. I love doing arts and crafts, but it's hard for me to come up with ideas. More about me later.

2 comments:

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

yay, another craft lover! good luck with all your wedding planning!

2million said...

Welcome aboard. I am interested in hearing about the wedding budgeting experiences.

Hang on to that meal allowance - its a beautiful thing.

Good Luck!