Monday, February 18, 2008

An Unexpected Find

I was at my mom's house the other day and I decided to take some of my old magazines from childhood. I thought I might be able to sell them online - one time I had put an ad for them on craigslist and someone offered me $40 for the box. This was a couple of years ago, and I didn't end up selling them then since the timing wasn't right. I figured I should be able to get at least that much, if not more. I went over to ebay and I saw that someone sold a lot of these magazines (30 in all) for over $200! I was shocked and surprised! I need to do some research as to whether it's worth the time and effort to list each magazine individually or to just sell them as a lot. I don't even know how many magazines I have, but it should be enough to get me a lot further than 1% towards my goal of generating $2,000 in online income this year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Cal Girl! I find Craigslist is better at selling bulk items fast, although might not get top $ as you mentioned. I love eBay too, but when it comes to mailing in bulk, I'm over it. Either way, it's time well spent for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have so many old magazines lying around back home in Jersey, but I also cut most of them up for various art projects. Oh well.

calgirlfinance said...

Amazing what some people will pay for junk, right? Now I just need to start selling them on eBay.