Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The $100 Jeans

The most I have ever spent for a pair of pants is $100. That money wasn't spent on suit pants or anything of the sort. Instead, I splurged on a pair of Lucky Brand Jeans. $100 is a lot for me to spend on any article of clothing, especially something non-work related. But I couldn't resist. After searching on and off for 2 years, I finally found a pair that fit well, wasn't too long (serious problem when you're short), and was a good color. Since I purchased them earlier this year, I've worn them every week, several times a week. I've probably worn them about 50 times already.

Right now the price per wear is getting much lower. I found that whenever I used to buy clothes from cheaper stores (like H&M), I would wear the article once or twice and then decide that I didn't really like it. However when I buy clothes from more expensive places, I will wear them again and again. So for me frugality lies in making the right choices to buy things that will really have lasting value.

0 comments: