Friday, May 26, 2006

Tax Refund - Not Direct Deposited

Okay, so I know everyone in the PF world is done talking about taxes and tax refunds. This year I got a fairly large refund - my withholding adjustment was not enough! I ended up getting quite a bit back- $400 from one state, $80 from another state, and around $1700 federal. Well I signed up for direct deposit (going to my ING Direct account) and I got checks back from all three entities!

I copied and pasted my direct deposit info from work (my paycheck gets direct deposited there twice a month) and double checked the numbers, so I'm not sure what happened.

I am a bit confused about how my tax return ended up being as large as it was, but I think it might be due to the capital gains losses I ended up taking. That really increase my NY state refund and maybe my federal one as well.

I will have to review my current tax withholdings and the irs withholding calculator soon.

0 comments: