Friday, May 05, 2006

April Goals - Follow up

In the beginning of April, I posted here about several things that I wanted to accomplish that month. I think one of the most important thing about a goal is to track how well you progress.

Here is my follow-up.

1. Finish my taxes. Finished 4/15
2. Get all the addresses for my save the date cards Finished 4/5 - As a follow up goal, I need to do a quality control review of the labels I printed versus the addresses I accumulated. I was using mail merge and I think I may have missed a couple.
3. Donate clothes from my closet Not done, will try to do tomorrow
4. Donate my car Not done due to delays, appointment to have car picked up 5/9/06
5. Get my financial house in order. Done
6. Tithe at least $700. Not done - however I just got my federal tax refund($1700) so I should be able to apply almost all of that.

As you can see, I achieved success on some of my goals, but not all of them. A midpoint check might have helped me along in getting all of them accomplished. None of them were overly difficult. Once I wrote the list, I largely forgot about what was in it.

David Bach talks about the importance of making a list of financial goals and placing them somewhere you can see them everyday. This will help you remember what you're working for and help you to get on track to achieve your goals.

Later today I will come up with some goals for May. On Monday I will be traveling to work in LA as usual, however, I will be going to New York City for 10 days and then back to work in LA for 4 days. This means I will be leaving home 4/8/06 and returning 4/25/06. It might make it difficult to accomplish some goals, but I have to accomplish some things this month!

0 comments: