Friday, April 14, 2006

$191.01 for my cell phone bill!!!!!

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that my cell phone bill was $191.09 for one month. My phone bill is usually around $55/month for two lines. This month, I somehow managed to go over my minutes by 409. $.35 * 409 = $143!!!

The problem is that I have been at home for most of the month, rather than traveling. My mom's home phone doesn't work well when I am using the internet, so I have been using my cell phone for all my calls. I have 1,000 minutes, plus free mobile to mobile (which is great for calling my fiance) and unlimited nights and weekends. Yet somehow I still managed to go over by 409!!!!

Previously when I have gone over my minutes, I have been able to sweet talk them into giving me a credit. I'm not sure if I have a good excuse this time, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to try. . . .

Incidentally - my company pays for most of my cell phone usage. Because of their rules, I normally have to pay about $30/month They will reimburse me for up to $125, so this month I will have to pay about $65.

The lesson here is to check your cell phone minutes during the month if you think you're going to have a high usage month.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Good thing your company covers a large percentage of the cost. Wish that was the case for me! my cellphone bill is running me about $85/month. Yeah, it really sucks.

--CollegeGrad