Sunday, April 02, 2006

Wedding Costs Adding up

This weekend, I am going to be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding. The costs are starting to really add up.
$150 present (from me and my finance)
$40 bridal shower gift
$50 bridal shower (I should be reimbursed $150 from the other bridesmaids)
$45 bachelorette party hotel room (I should be reimbursed $135 from the other bridesmaids)
$25 bachelorette party dinner (estimate)
$40 wedding makeup (I am getting my makeup done at the mall, but purchase required)
$50 wedding hair

$400 total if I get reimbursed by the other bridesmaids
$685 total if none of the bridesmaids reimburse me

I got my friend a more expensive wedding gift than I normally would have since I thought it was so nice that she was buying our dresses (typically my finance and I spend about $100). However, I think we are paying for our own hair and makeup, which costs about the same as the bridesmaid dress. I could even do my own hair and makeup, but I feel obligated to go with the other girls. Yikes, this is not good for my budget.

0 comments: